Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide essential services i.e. basic treatment of ill people.
- Additional Services
- Child health surveillance and pre-school immunisation of children, together with our Health Visiting Team.
- Contraceptive services. Specialist services such as IUCD insertion are available at the Family Planning Clinic in the Community Health Centre on a Wednesday evening.
- Maternity services in the antenatal and postnatal period, together with the Buttercup Team midwives.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS – please ask at reception for details.
- Cervical smears
We hold contracts with the Forth Valley NHS Board for the following:
- An annual ‘flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and ‘at risk’ groups.
- Minor Surgery
- Anticoagulation – initiation and monitoring
- Patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems are regularly monitored, by blood and urine tests.
The antenatal clinic is held in the Community Health Centre on a Wednesday between 1.30pm and 4.00pm. There is a GP and midwife in attendance.
All the doctors provide contraceptive advice.
Vaccinations are offered to those at special risk – eg chronic heart, chest, and kidney disease, stroke/TIA, diabetes, asthma, those without a spleen and patients over 65 years of age. A vaccination programme is held in the Town Hall each year, usually around October/November and those eligible for the vaccine will receive an invitation letter.
This Service is provided by the doctors, who will see patients by appointment.
The clinic is run in the Community Health Centre on a Tuesday morning between 11.00am and 12 noon. The practice nurses and a doctor carry out routine childhood immunisations and developmental checks and the health visitors weigh babies and offer Mums an opportunity to discuss problems.
Children are invited by letter to attend the clinic for immunisations and developmental checks.
Do not bring children who are unwell to the baby clinic. They should be seen at a normal appointment.
We have access to many other services that can be reached through referral from your GP, i.e. physiotherapy, chiropody, and occupational therapy.
The Treatment Room is open from 8.30am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.15pm, Monday to Friday, for removal of stitches, injections, dressings, etc., and appointments are available through the Forth Valley reception on 01259 215333.