Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide essential services, ie basic treatment of ill people.
- Child health surveillance, together with our Health Visiting Team.
- Contraceptive services - IUCD (coil) insertion is available at the practice. (IUCD insertion and other specialist services are also available at the Family Planning Clinic at Clackmannanshire Community Healthcare Centre on Wednesday evenings - telephone 01259 215333.)
- Maternity services in the antenatal and postnatal period, together with the Elm Team midwives.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel - not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS. Please ask at reception for details.
- Cervical smears
We hold contracts with the Forth Valley NHS Board for the following:
- An annual ‘flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and ‘at risk’ groups.
- Minor Surgery
- Anticoagulation – initiation and monitoring
- Patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems are regularly monitored, by blood and urine tests.
The antenatal clinic is held at Clackmannanshire Community Healthcare Centre on a Wednesday between 1.30 pm and 4.00 pm. There is a GP and midwife in attendance.
All the doctors provide contraceptive advice.
Vaccinations are offered to those at special risk – eg chronic heart, chest, and kidney disease, stroke/TIA, diabetes, asthma, those without a spleen and patients over 65 years of age. A vaccination programme is held at Alloa Town Hall each year, usually around October/November, and those eligible for the vaccine will receive an invitation letter.
This Service is provided by the doctors, who will see patients by appointment.
These are now carried out by the NHS Forth Valley Immunisation Team at Clackmannanshire Community Healthcare Centre. Children will be sent an invitation to attend for these.
Our health visitors will be happy to weigh babies and offer mums an opportunity to discuss problems. They can be contacted on 01259 290187 from 8.30 am to 9.30 am and 3.30 pm to 4.30 pm.
The Treatment Room is open from 8.30 am to 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm to 4.15 pm, Monday to Friday, for removal of stitches, injections, dressings, etc. Appointments are available through the Forth Valley reception on 01259 215333.